BASIC CANDLE SAFETY
• Never burn unattended
• Trim wick at least 6-10mm before burning
• Never burn near flammable areas
• Keep out of reach/way from children or pets
• Always place the candle on a stable surface
• Don't burn all the way down
• Place burning candles at least 10cm from one another
• Never put out a candle with water
• Don't burn for more than 4 hours at a time
THE FIRST BURN
Lighting your soy wax candle for the first time can be exciting and the first burn is always important. When you first light the candle, let the whole surface melt or it will be tricky to melt past the initial wax ring on future burns. The first good burn can avoid tunneling, which is when the center of the candle burns deeper than the rest.
TRIMMING THE WICK
Soy wax candles burn at a higher temperature than paraffin wax so they need thicker wicks, it does not burn 100% so the wicks need to be trimmed regularly. Trim your wick to at least 6-10mm prior to each lighting, this allows a slower and more even burn as well as preventing smoking and soot build up on the inside of the glass jar. It also stops the wick from mushrooming.